As a certified ISO 45001 organisation we put our people first and all those affected by its activities to ensure their health, safety and well-being. This responsibility extends to promoting and protecting their physical and mental health; a great priority of ours contributing to driving business excellence forward.
The ISO 45001 standard is the first and only International Standard for Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Management, a result of agreed good practice from around the world. It raises the bar in excellence aligned to high-level structure to drive better efficiency for all involved.
What is ISO 45001?
ISO 45001 is an occupational health and safety management system that helps to protect and enhance a business’ most important strength, its people. The ISO 45001 framework helps an organisation provide a safe and healthy working environment, preventing work-place injuries and ill health as well as improve compliance in the workplace. This globally recognised health and safety management system has endless benefits giving us, as a UK leading pump manufacturer, the reassurance and confidence to give our clients the best possible service.
The benefits of the ISO 45001
An ISO 45001 based OH&S Management System will enable an organisation to improve its performance by:
- Developing and implementing an OH&S policy and OH&S objectives
- Establishing systematic processes which consider its “context” which take into account its risks, opportunities and its legal and any other requirements
- Determining the hazards and OH&S risks associated with its activities; seeking to eliminate them, or putting in controls to minimise their potential effects
- Establishing operational controls to manage its OH&S risks, its legal and other requirements
- Increasing awareness of its OH&S risks
- Evaluating its OH&S performance and seeking to improve it through taking appropriate actions
- Ensuring workers take an active role in OH&S matters.
We at SPP Pumps are consistently striving to improve our health and safety systems and performance. It is our mission to ensure that we are forever evolving as a company.